Clean-up requirements

If the leak has contaminated the ground, the soil will need to be cleaned up along with any floating oil and any affected waterways. 

Clean-up works will generally only be carried out by specialist environmental contractors. If your building and contents policy permits, your insurance company will appoint a specialist contractor on your behalf.

However, if you don’t have enough insurance cover, you must appoint a specialist contactor. Unless your leak is a minor leak, don’t try to clean-up the oil yourself, given the potential health risks and the specialist nature of remediation and waste disposal.

Enviroleak will dispose of any contaminated grounds and soils via an apprved and certified enviromental waste facility.

Making sure it doesn't happen again

To help avoid an oil leak happening again, you should check your oil tank regularly